Blueberry Chia Baked Oats - Easy Breakfast Bowl

November 18, 2013

As promised, or rather, as I committed to myself...I made my oats for breakfast today!  I'm working on more balanced breakfasts in place of a grab and go Larabar.  I do love my Larabars, don't get me wrong.  But, I need to reserve them for an occasional treat, not breakfast every day.  My commitment is to make time to eat a healthy, balanced breakfast every day, even if I am in a rush.



Today's baked oats were good.  I will tweak them next time because I made them too watery today.  Sometimes eyeballing the ingredients doesn't always pan out!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup gluten free Rolled Oats
  • 1 cup coconut milk (start with 3/4 cup and add more if needed)
  • 1T chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup frozen organic blueberries (no need to thaw)
  • pinch of sea salt
  • dash of cinnamon
  • optional: 1T mini chocolate chips (I added them today - Enjoy Life brand mini non-dairy chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all ingredients in oven-safe bowl.  Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on how much milk you used.  I needed the whole 30 minutes today.  Let it cool for a bit before eating.

When I stirred the oats before baking, they turned blue!

YUM!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments